The Library is limited to Smithtown Stitchers Members. Participate in the raffle each month to help support the Library's budget. Books may be borrowed for one month free of charge. If a book is returned late, the fee is $1.00 per book for each month it is late.
If you would like a specific book please email us at email@example.com and please put Library Book in the subject line. We will gladly bring it to the next meeting, provided it is in the library archives.
The Library Book List provides a link to the summary of books owned by the guild, organized by technique. Simply click on the list to find a resource to complete your latest project or spark some new ideas!
The newest acquisitions include books on Hawaiian Quilting, Amish Quilts, utilizing the Go!Qube and a DVD by Mark Sherman.
Several other new books have been added to the library this year. Ask the librarian to bring them to a meeting if you would like to check them out!
- Borderland in Butternut and Blue by Barbara Brackman "A beautiful array of blocks is set on point in a sampler quilt reminiscent of the Civil War. Using reproduction fabrics that hark back to the 1860s, the color tones of butternut and blue remind us of the uniforms of the soldiers who engaged in battle. This book offers a new perspective on the Civil War with each block dedicated to a woman whose life was touched by the conflict on the Kansas/Missouri border."
- Quilts of the Civil War by Barbara Brackman " Quilts and their makers are an integral part of the story about this incredible period of American history. Barbara Brackman offers a rarely discussed perspective from half of those who lived through it - the women of the North and the South. Included are complete instructions for nine projects, which are adapted from historical quilts and convey an authentic feel. Definitely modern quiltmaking techniques will inspire both faithful reproductions and contemporary adaptations of Civil War era quilts. The book includes tips for using today's reproduction fabrics and suggestions for achieving a period look. Fascinating photos and excerpts from diaries and letters capture the patriotism and frustration of courageous women on both sides of the conflict."
- Great Sets by Sharyn Craig "Follow the roadmap to successful quilts! Start with the setting instead of the blocks! Learn her hands-on techniques for creating the setting of your choice in the size and colors you want." Features: "Seven new setting maps of use with any set of blocks. Fifteen plus traditional block patterns in two sizes. Ideas for personalizing your settings and re-sizing mismatched blocks."
- Batiks Inspired By Bali by Suzanne McNeill "Nothing works to inspire creativity quite like a trip. A visit to Bali carries you away in mind, body and soil." "Enjoy fun and colorful designs. Complete with inspiring photos from Bali! Contains fifteen quilts using 2 1/2" "Bali Pop" strips."
- Pre-Cut Combo Quilts by Debra Fehr Greenway 14 Quilts That Blend Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes, Turnovers And More "Discover a world of exciting design possibilities by blending different types and sizes of pre-cut fabrics to create stunning quilts in less time. With instructions for 14 quilts and 5 variations, you'll be inspired to start sewing with your favorite fabric lines and pre-cut stash. As a bonus, each pattern is also fat quarter friendly, featuring instructions on how to use fat quarters instead of pre-cut fabrics to make each project."
- No Mark Quilt Designs by Nan Moore "Free-motion quilting designs are perfect for any space. Nan's include 13 meander and 8 allover patterns with design variations for machine and hand quilting."
- The Modern Medallion Work Book by Janice Zeller Ryan & Beth Vassalo "Medallion quilts, known for detailed borders built around a central focal point, have seen a resurgence in the modern quilting movement. Savor the intricate piecing and sophisticated appliqué behind 11 all-new modern medallion quilts, designed by popular quilting bloggers. Projects range from basic to complex, with each quilt as unique as its maker. Stitch a ring of Flying Geese, learn how to resize borders, and master useful techniques, such as sewing inset curves and paper piecing. Mix and match borders, using the provided line drawings as coloring pages, to plan your design and create your own unique modern masterpiece!"
- Follow The Line Quilting Designs by Mary M. Covey "Finally, you have exactly what you need to "quilt as desired"! This resource is packed with a variety of beautiful continuous-line designs that simplify quilting by machine. Full-size designs, in 20 coordinating sets, make it a cinch to start using these quilting patterns right away. Patterns are perfect for use with home sewing machines or long-arm machines--or even for quilting by hand. Pattern groups make it easy to match designs for blocks, setting triangles, and borders. Border pattern sheets fold out to 11" x 25" and include designs from 4" to 7" wide, including motifs for turning border corners."